Monday, May 16, 2011

April and May Updates

Good lord, it's been over a month since I last updated!  Why?  Perhaps I didn't want to face the fact that I'm back in the 190's and that I haven't really been running at all.  Yeah, that's probably it.  What the hell was I going to write about?  "Well folks, today I'm fatter than I was yesterday, and the last time I ran was that 5k I wrote about in March.  Go me!!"

So, did I give up on my one event a month until the end of the year goal then?  Hell no!  I've just been running without training.  Because not only is that good for you, it's a good time too.  (Sarcasm).

On to the recaps of the races!


-------------------------------Norway Spring Classic 5K- April 16th 2011-------------------------------------

This was COLD.   I would not have ran this if I had any choice to run a different even for April- but the next weekend I had to work and that was the last weekend of the month.  God, it was miserable.  As evidenced by this picture:

Note the ice hanging off the damn signs.  It was sleeting and was 33 degrees for this f'ing race.
Last year at this event, I did the 10K.  I am so happy that I decided to do the 5K and not the 10K this year.  The 5K was a new course, so I had no idea what the course would be like.  I DID however know what the 10K would be like- a hilly hilly bitch.  I was hoping to avoid that by doing the 5K.

I didn't avoid it.  At all.
This was actually the hill I was hoping to avoid!  It looks better in the picture than in real life.  Trust me.

So that is about it for that race.  It was cold, sleeting, assy, and I ran it in like 40 minutes.  40 mins isn't that bad for gaining 20lbs and not running at all.



I think I'm sort of back on track with diet and exercise.  I'm not going to tout that I have it all together and I'm totally back on track...but I THINK I'm heading in the right direction again.




Next post- my half marathon from last weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Tortoise, I can't tell you how many times I've been up and down. Gained 20 lbs back last year, but as of now I lost it again. Trying really hard to lose the other 40, lol. I'm training for the Rock n Roll Half which I'm doing next month in San Diego. Wish me luck, I'll need it!!

    And don't give up, you can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gwen! I'm not giving up at all...just a little frustrated with myself being back up this far.

    You can totally rock this half marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear your half report!!! Glad you're feeling back on track; that's a great feeling.
    Being injured, I've felt really off track lately, I'm finally starting to suck it up and realize I've got to do something else (like swim) b/c I can't just wish I was healed and hope I don't lose any fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlee- I think swimming is what has been saving me. I haven't been running like I should, but I have been swimming pretty often, so I think that has kept my cardiovascular fitness up even though my leg muscle fitness isn't what it should be!

    ReplyDelete