Sunday, May 29, 2011

Worst run of your life?

I just had mine yesterday.  I can't even call it a run.  It was about 80% walking. TERRIBLE.

I was so tired yesterday, so idk if that was the problem or what?  I also didn't have my tunes because my phone was low on battery, so that could have been mentally psyching me out.  I wanted to run, but everytime I tried to I had to stop and walk because all of my muscles were so drained.  I even took an energy gel that I had left in my bag after the half marathon to see if that would help- it didn't.  Oh, and my calves were cramping up way worse than they already have been lately.

I kept thinking about sitting down and sleeping the whole time.  Not even joking, I was starting to get a little concerned.  I swear I was nodding off while walking at one point. 

But, not all was lost.  I got my new Garmin in on Friday and I wore it for the run yesterday- that thing rocks!  It is great knowing in real time how far you've gone, what your pace is, and what your course looks like on a map. 

So...what were your guys's worst runs? Has anyone ever experienced super fatigue on a run like I described??

1 comment:

  1. Step, that happens to me sometimes, too! I just don't get it. Training for my half marathon, I was up to 10 miles - tired but doing okay. So why, when I'm tapering down to 2 miles, am I so tired after 1/4 mile? Must be psychosematic, I don't know!!! Hang in there, though. Some running days are just better than others :)

    ReplyDelete