Monday, November 8, 2010

Restarting C25K

Tonight me and two girls from work restarted couch to 5K.  They had kind of stopped running since last year when we did it (one stopped completely, the other was just not running consistently) and wanted to get back into it.  I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to work on building up my speed.

I had CardioTrainer running the whole time and it tracked our running sections at an average of 6.5 mph! (approximently 9 minute miles).  At our fastest, our run time was a 7:08 minute/mile!  Holy crap, I was running quick tonight!

I'm pretty stoked about redoing this program quickly.  I think it will train me to be a little quicker, which will really help with my next race.  I should note however that during my running sections my heart rate was at 190-191 beats per minute.  Using that old 220-your age formula (that isn't very accurate at all), my max heart rate should be 194.  Holy wah!

Also, today is going to be a double post, because I want to start to get my half marathon experience on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment