Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Far Reaching Implications of 13.1 Miles....

Today Erica and I ran together without Angie, who is our other c25k running partner.  Because Angie couldn't run, Erica and I didn't follow the program and just kinda ran how we felt.

It felt awesome!  Just to do whatever, whenever, not stick to a schedule, not push myself...just run and have a good time.  I haven't done that since this spring...just ran without thinking about a future race or time goal or some other less tangible goal.

The other thing I've noticed is that I'm not used to running for such a short amount of time.  I mean, 12 minutes into the run, and I'm halfway done!  That's where the title for this post comes in.  I'm so used to running for AT LEAST 45 minutes at a time that 25 minutes basically feels like a sprint.  It's refreshing and nice.

My dogs know what it means when I strap on my chest strap for my heart rate monitor now, and start dancing by the door.  Hilarious.  I only started running with them consistently really recently- I had taken them a few times here and there before this, but now I really enjoy running with them.  They pace pretty well, and keep up with me just fine for these shorter runs I've been doing lately.  In the past Teddy (the 16lb Pomeranian) had a problem doing over 4 miles at a time.  I don't know what Nipper's limit is since she is new to running (and to life...an 8 lb rat terrier who is 9 months old)...but I feel like she can run forever!  After our 2-2.5 mile runs she still wants to play catch...

Posed after last weeks Agility class

No comments:

Post a Comment