Sunday, January 16, 2011

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

Well, this week is the first week I'm going to give the new Weight Watchers program a good try.  I took the journal that my meeting passes around to record my week, and I'm looking foward to a loss. 

Wanna know what I weigh??  185.  Kill me now!!  I can only wear one pair of pants again.  But, enough of that.  I'm not going to dwell on it.  Once I apply myself, the weight will come off quickly again, so I'm just going to let go and move on so I don't get depressed about it.

I added a few things to my 2011 schedule!  It now looks like this:

February 20th- 5K in Las Vegas
March 19th- 5K in Clare, MI
April- nothing yet
May 15th- Green Bay Half Marathon
June- Nothing- Cruise to Jamaica!
July 10th- Northwoods Triathlon- Iron Mountain, MI
August 7th-11th- Tour Da UP Bike Ride
September- Nothing yet- one year wedding anniversary and a wedding to go to!
October 9th- Chicago Marathon
November- nothing yet
December- nothing yet

And...I even have some thoughts for 2012!
January- goofy challenge in Disney World
July- Wish A Mile 300 mile bike ride


So....that Triathlon I added for this year.  We finally got a YMCA in town, and they decided to bring back that triathlon (I guess it was done years ago).  I've never done a tri yet and I'm pretty excited.  For the last two weeks, I've been swimming 3-4 days a week to train.  I've never had a training lesson before, nor have I ever lap swam, so I learned everything I know from You Tube.  I'm getting a lot better relatively quickly- the first week I definitely thought I was going to drown.

I've also been running in the water, because the fitness center in the new Y doesn't open until the end of January, and it's way too damn cold to run outside right now.  Today it was -3 without the wind chill.  No way I'm running in that.

The 5K in Las Vegas next month- I get to do that because I'm going to Vegas for a convention for work!  Very excited about that!!


Anyway, just wanted to do a quick update on what's been happening.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment