Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blog post before one week vacay

I'm going on vacation all next week down to my parents, so there will most likely be no blog posts next week.

Goals while at my parents:
1. Run at least 3 times
2. Cross train at least twice
3. Make the best choices possible with food at least 75% of the time
4. Gain no more than 2lbs at my next WI after vacation (doesn't seem like a strict goal, but it is)


I had posted after last WI that this week I was going to be committed and focused and blah, but well, that didn't happen. I still ate out constantly. We had no food in the house...so I had no choice. Sigh. Expecting a gain again tomorrow.

Went running today with my fiance. He does NOTHING in the way of physical fitness, so the run was interesting. His work is doing some physical fitness initiative where if he wears a pedometer and logs over 5,000 steps a day, they will put $100 in his health savings account.

So, last night he said "I may have to run with you. Probably not though, I walk all day at work, so I think I'll get the steps in." He got in 1,700 steps today. Granted, he was in meetings all day at work (which is abnormal) and he only had the pedometer for a half of a day...but I still highly doubt he will get 5,000 steps a day just working.

Ok, anyway. The run went ok. After the first 1.2 mile loop, we walked for maybe a quarter of a mile, then ran the rest of the loop. He did WAY better than I would have done if I had been sedentary for 5+ years and then tried to run 2.4 miles.

He is a slow runner, which I like, since I'm a slow runner. I was actually pushing his pace a little I think. When we were in cross country in high school (different high schools) we each were the slowest on our respective teams. Always thought that was funny.

Well, that's about it. If I have access to a computer and something super amazing happens downstate, I'll blog. Otherwise, see you on the 12th!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals on vacation! I sometimes like going for runs in different places, you kind of get to explore minus the fighting traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on the Weight Watchers message boards. I hope you were able to meet all your goals over vacation! Running and Weight Watcher is what has helped me get to goal and keep my weight off.

    Jennifer in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you get gobbled up on vacation?? :)

    ReplyDelete