Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm SO Frustrated right now.

I gained again this week. 0.4lbs. I know it's not a lot...and I had a feeling I was going to gain going into it...but I'm still mad. I know it's my fault. Even though I track, I've been "forgetting" bites/licks/tastes, or whole snacks at times...I'm eating out WAY more than I should...I know. I know all this and yet I'm still mad when the scale goes up.

Because of this, my commitment this week is to track every single damn thing that goes into my mouth, and to only eat out like 3 times this week. My larger commitment is to have oatmeal for breakfast instead of the McDonald's I usually have.

I'm also going to try to honestly use as little WP's and AP's as possible. I want I huge loss before going on my week long vacay at home, where I fully expect to gain.

I guess the good thing is that I'm earning 30-40 AP's each week. That really helps buffer some of the weight that I would have gained. Oh, and I know people say you can "gain muscle" when you work out that much and that can explain some gains....no. You simply can't gain that much muscle in one week as a woman on a restricted diet. You can lose more slowly, or maybe not lose at all for a week, but gaining almost a whole pound one week and a half a pound the next? No. All of the scientific studies I've ever read basically say this is something dieters tell themselves to make themselves feel better.

Ok, on to good news. I rode my bike 8ish miles on Tuesday. I parked at Lake Antoine and then biked 1 mile to go around Big Lake Fumee.
That's my track from Tuesday. It only says 7.27 miles, but that's because I started the program later into my track.

I also tried my eGel energy gels by www.cranksports.com for the first time on this ride. I knew I would be out there for over an hour, and I hadn't had dinner yet, so I brought one with me and ate it about half way around. It went down easy (although was a different consistency than I expected, but I've never had a gel before...so...) and it didn't cause me any stomach upset. I bought a multi box with 4 different flavors; I tried the cherry bomb one. The other three flavors are mountain rush, vanilla strawberry slam, and tropical blast. The flavor of the cherry bomb one was really good...I hope the others are that good! I want to try all four flavors on my training runs before I have to use them for my 15K in August or my half marathon in October.


eGel claims they are the best because they are 150 cals instead of 100, so you get more per pouch, and they have higher amounts of electrolytes than other gels. I tried this brand because it was recommended in Marathoning for Mortals.

Getting excited/nervous for my 5K on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog on the WW boards.
    Have you tried using dailymile.com to track your workouts? I discovered it through the world of blogging and its great to see your routes and map out different runs, bike rides, etc.
    Good luck at your 5k on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the 15K and when? If it is still possible I want to sign up and do it with you...let me know, if I can.

    ReplyDelete