Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Couple of things...

1.  I just registered for the 2011 Chicago Marathon!!  AHHH!  I had butterflies in my stomach while I was doing it.  I still do... :)

2. I made matching adorable skirts and headbands for my St. Pattie's day 5K with my friend Ashley...here are some pics!


Headband- I may wear this to more than just St. Pattie's day races for luck...four leaf clovers can't hurt, right??

My skirt on, close up

My skirt from a little further back
Ashley's skirt

All in all, the skirts and the headbands took me about 6 hours to make.  I just started sewing last year, and had taken an 8 month or so break from it, so it took me a long time to remember what the hell I had to do to make my machine work.  But, I got it, and now Ashley and I have some kick ass gear to wear.

What is everyone else up to?

4 comments:

  1. IF (big if) I can get to the run will you make me these cute things? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I will lady!

    I'm also going to make a Packer's headband for the half...would you want one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, disclaimer- I will need to know by the Monday before the weekend we run- since that is my day off and I will have time that day to sew. (March 14th)

    ReplyDelete